Michael A. Edison
P.O. Box 2325, Pinedale, Wyoming 82941, USA
TEL: (307) 367-2508 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resourceful team player with over 12 years of teaching experience in Utah,
Wyoming, Alaska and Micronesia.
- Extensive International and multi-cultural expertise; multi-lingual.
- Proven Leadership.
- Enthusiasm for extra-curricular activities.
- Strong computing and programming background.
Most Recent Assignment
PINEDALE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Instructional Facilitator / Teacher
|Pinedale, Wyoming, USA|
- On-site professional developer.
- Responsible for teaching, assessments, and intervention.
- Assistant Football Coach, Wrestling Coach.
- Teacher of Science and Mathematics.
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Physical Science, Physical Education, Computers & Technology, Mathematics, ESL, World History & Inter-cultural Studies
- Certified Athletic Coach
- Work with cultural insight
- Educational Leadership
ALASKA TEACHING EXPERIENCE
PC/MAC, Diagnostics and Repair (Operating Systems/Hardware), Network Administration, Desktop Publishing, HTML (including hand-coding), Webmaster, Microsoft Office, Photo and Video Editing
- Publication Design and Layout
- Web Design and Instructional Computing
- Digital Media
- Research Techniques
YUPIIT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Tuluksak Community School, Tuluksak, Alaska
Secondary Teacher Mathematics (7-12)
- Teaching Basic Math through Algebra.
- Journalism Advisor / Bi-monthly school newspaper (K-12).
IDITAROD AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
McGrath Community School, McGrath, Alaska
- Fully-implemented change from a levels-based system (Quality Schools Model) to a more traditional system (Carnegie Model). Supervised Teachers and Staff Development. Team Leader in District Curriculum Committee.
- Taught Middle School Mathematics (6-8), Technology (7-12) and Physical Education (7-12).
- Extra-Curricular Activities included field trips via snow machines and light aircraft.
Takotna Community School, Takotna, Alaska
- Site Administration. Staff Development. Community involvement.
- Taught core subjects in Elementary (grades K-7), as well as Technology and Biology (9-12).
- Facilitated school-sponsored trips to Hawaii and Washington D.C.
YUPIIT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Arlicaq Community School, Akiak, Alaska
Secondary Teacher Language Arts (9-12)
- Curriculum Development for teaching Language Arts with ESL emphasis.
- Advisor for Journalism and Yearbook.
- Wrestling Coach (4-12); traveled to other schools via light aircraft.
YAKUTAT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Icy Bay Community School, Icy Bay, Alaska
Head Teacher (K-12)
- Remote site; by air only. Repaired school and teacher housing prior to opening.
- Taught all subjects, all grades. Sole-teacher site, 15 students, which included 2 in Kindergarten and 2 graduating Seniors.
- Bi-weekly newspaper published by students. Yearbook. Cross-country running. Sixth-grade student took 3rd-place in Alaska State Spelling Bee.
LOWER KUSKOKWIM SCHOOL DISTRICT
Kwethluk Community School, Kwethluk, Alaska
- Taught Physical Science, Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physical Education and English Language Development.
- Activities Coordinator for the school.
- Wrestling Coach (4-12); traveled via light aircraft and snow machines.
PELICAN SCHOOL DISTRICT
Pelican School, Pelican, Alaska
Elementary Teacher (3-6) ||1996-1997|
- Taught core subjects in grades 3-6; Technology in grades 9-12.
- High School Advisor on trip to Gustavus via seaplane.
OVERSEAS TEACHING EXPERIENCE
KOBLERVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
6th Grade Teacher
|Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands|
- Facilitated learning of all core subject areas. Special emphasis on Math and World History. Students received the highest test scores (6th-grade) in Mathematics System-wide.
- Supervised and trained young athletes for the school swim team. School Softball Champions.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- President, Iditarod Educators Association (2 years) / Chaired Contract Negotiations
- Delegate, NEA State Convention
- Non-Commissioned Officer in Utah National Guard
- Cedar City Shade Tree Commission and Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Fireman and Emergency Medical Technician
- International and Multi-Cultural Studies.
- Music. Playing and listening.
- History. It is the past that defines the present and shapes the future.
Graduate School, Educational Leadership, University of Alaska, Anchorage 2005
Minors: Physical Science, Physical Education||Major GPA: 3.3/4.0|
- Maintained a 3.75 GPA while enrolled in a graduate studies program.
- Completed Bachelors while working full-time to support a large family.
- Sgt. York Leadership Award - NCO Academy
- Army Achievement Medal
Praxis II (taken and passed):
Elementary Education: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Middle School Science
Middle School Social Studies
Certified Teacher in Alaska (exp. 2014) and Wyoming (exp. 2012), USA. Certified Coach.